Worship & Spirituality Commission
Contact: Joe Losquadro, Secretary
This commission nourishes and gives direction to the liturgical and communal prayer life of the community. The members collaborate with the pastor and staff in this area of mission on liturgy preparation, the training and formation of various liturgical ministers and the formation of the assembly about sacraments and liturgy.
The commission meets monthly on the third Tuesday of the month at 1:00 pm in the Parish hall. All are welcome. Email Joe to be added to the distribution list for reminders of the meeting and minutes.
The mission of the Worship & Spirituality Commission, working together with our priests, is to invite the Saint Joseph Parish family into deeper communion with God and vital relationship with one another by organizing and supporting authentic Catholic worship and opportunities to foster growth in spirituality. This commission nourishes and gives direction to the liturgical and communal prayer life of the community.
The following objectives/areas of concern will focus our attention and action to fulfill the mission:
- Focus/Vision/Theme. Recognize and adopt the focus promulgated by the Pope and/or US Bishops to shape our W&S programs.
- Liturgy. W&S is concerned with how we create a full liturgy; how the liturgical seasons are lived through the year; all the ministries are wrapped around the liturgy.
- Prayer. Members of the Commission are concerned with prayer, the prayer environment of the church, the necessary liturgical ministries, proper formation of all liturgical ministers and the way in which all these elements come together to enhance prayer.
- Music. Plan the musical program of the Church in consultation with the Pastor, the Parochial Vicar and the W&S Commission. Encourage the development of choirs.
- Art & Environment. Create the visual expression of our liturgical celebrations.
- Spirituality Charisms. Feed the faith of the individual and their relationship with God.
This commission has the following committees: